Premium Quality Water Clear Polyester Resin Kit for object embedding, jewellery making, set designs and sculpture casting. The low viscosity makes this product suitable for reproducing fine surface details and embedding objects. Please contact us for expert advice Monday to Friday from 8am -5pm.
- 500g of Resin. Delivered by Weight and not Volume. 500g of resin will be about 450ml.
- 25g Catalyst. Provided in 50ml Bottles. The bottle will be just under half full with 25g of Hardener.
- 10ml Syringe. For acurate measurement of the catalyst.
- 2 x Mixing Sticks
- 2 x Calibrated 600ml Mixing Pots
- 2 x Calibrated 40ml Mixing Pots
- 4 x Nitrile Gloves
- 2 x Selected Silicone Moulds - 1 Medium and 1 Small
- 5 Selected Mica Powder Pigments (Colours vary slightly from the picture and will include 5 Colours from our range of Reds, Pinks, Blues, Greens, Oranges, Coppers, Purples, Browns, Blacks, Magicals, Greys, Goldens and Chocolates)
NB - If you have a preference on a specific coloured required attach a note to your order and we will include that in your order.
- Top Quality Casting Resin
- Low Visocosity
- Optically Clear
- Easily Pigmented
- Polishable to a High Gloss
- Excellent Detail Capability
This can depend on the application and use of the Resin. For straight forward casts, mouldings and small paper weights 2% Catalyst (hardener) to Resin will be fine. For larger moulds or paper weights and multi layer pours you can reduce this to 1% Catalyst to Resin. For thinner coatings you can go up to 3% Catalyst to ensure that the resin creates enough heat to harden.
This can depend on a few things. Amibient Temperature, Amount of Catalyst Used and Depth of Pour. All these factors can make a significant difference to the curing time from 2hrs to a couple of days if the temperature is very low and the Pour is very thin.
Polyester Resin Characteristics
This Polyester Casting Resin as with all Polyester Resins has a strong odour. You may be able to smell the Resin even though the resin is in a bottle and packaged well.
We provide detailed instructions with your resin. We also suggest using You Tube to research your project as there are some excellent and informative online resources to help complete your project successfully. We also advise taking the time to do a small test piece prior to attempting larger projects.